JUNIOR INVITATIONAL ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION PROCESS
The Junior Invitational at Sage Valley Golf Club is the premier junior event in the world. This is in part due to stringent invitation guidelines ensuring the field consists of the game’s top 54 junior players. The following list represents those potential participants who automatically qualify for invitation. The tournament reserves the right to complete its field with any player it deems worthy for inclusion.
Past champions are always eligible until they age-out of the event.
- 2017 Junior Invitational Top 10 and Ties
- 2017 Georgia State Golf Association Junior Champion
- 2017 South Carolina Golf Association Junior Champion
- 2017 USGA Junior Amateur Semi-Finalists
- 2017 Junior PGA Championship Champion
- 2017 Boys Amateur Champion and Runner-up
- 2017 European Boys Team Championship Individual Champion(s)
- 2017 Junior Orange Bowl Champion
- 2017 IMG Academy Junior World Championships 15-17 Champion
- Any junior eligible from the most recent U.S. Junior Ryder Cup Team and European Ryder Cup Team
- 2017 US Amateur Championship – furthest advancing junior
- 2017 The Amateur Championship – furthest advancing junior
- 2017 European Amateur Championship – low junior making the cut
- 2017 Asian Pacific Amateur Championship – low junior making the cut
- 2017 Latin American Amateur Championship – low junior making the cut
- Any junior eligible from the most recent U.S. Walker Cup Team and the GB&I Walker Cup Team
- Any junior participating in the 2017 Masters, 2017 US Open Championship, 2017 The Open Championship
Any remaining slots will be filled based on the first official listing in January 2018 from the Golfweek/Sagarin junior rankings, Junior Golf Scoreboard, Rolex AJGA Golf Rankings, the World Amateur Golf Rankings and the European Golf Rankings. While the above criteria are a permanent part of the selection process, the Junior Invitational may adjust these, as it deems appropriate.
The Junior Invitational adheres to a strict code of conduct. It may rescind the invitation to any player should his actions on or off the course reflect poorly on his reputation regardless of his level of play.